Thursday, July 1, 2010

Rugged Americana and some freebies!

Melly Scraps just released this awesome patriotic kit called Rugged Americana. I absolutely love this kit – the best Fourth of July kit I have seen yet. The colors are perfect and the grungy look of the papers and elements is awesome.

Preview

She also has this coordinating alphabet called Stars & Stripes

mnr_ssalpha_preview

I am hosting the template challenge over at DSDI this month and I made my layout with Rugged Americana. This was the summer J1 and I flew up to Alaska to see my mom. My sister and her kids and my dad and step mom were in town at the same time so it was like a mini family reunion.

Melly Scraps - Rugged Americana 300

Here is my template – you’ll have to go to the DSDI forum to pick it up though. I have included a .psd file, the individual .pngs and also a .page file which is used in the Creative Memories Storybook Creator Plus software, my digi scrapping software of choice.

July DSDI Template Challenge Preview

I lifted this template from a paper scrapping page I did – check it out:

And one last freebie – Melly was nice enough to let me make some brag book pages for you. You’ll also need to get these in the DSDI freebie section.

Rugged Americana Brag Book Preview - Page 002

Thanks! I’ll have a word art freebie for you tomorrow using Janet B’s new kit Summer Rain so come back for that.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [01 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete