Friday, January 1, 2010

Cherry Chocolate – my most favorite new kit!

Growing Pains Scrapped has done it again – a new freebie kit this week. Since red is my favorite color I absolutely love this kit! Check it out and don’t forget to check out her store for the rest of her great kits:

GPS_CC_Full Preview STS

Here are the layouts I made:

This one was done for a speed scrap over at Stuff to Scrap. I love the cutout technique and plan to do that again!

Cherry Chocolate #1 - Page 023

I did this for the recipe challenge where the host tells you specific items you have to include in your layout. I had to use arrows which was a bit of a challenge but I guess it worked okay.

GPS - Cherry Chocolate - Page 001

I did three because I have so many pictures with red! This is the one you will get for a quick page in a few days. This picture was taken about two weeks before my son was born. I thought it was fun that he was born early (just 9 days) so I could get the tax deduction but it is actually sort of a pain having him born so close to Christmas. We make sure to take down the tree before his birthday which really forces us not to be lazy about that. The main problem is that he gets a huge influx of new toys all in one week and then nothing the rest of the year. Well, not nothing but really, not a lot of new things. I have a friend that had her son on Christmas Day and they have the kid party in the summer and just have cake and a few presents from family around Christmas. I may do this when he is in school.

Anyway, this layout was done for the song lyric challenge. That is always a fun one, trying to incorporate lyrics into a layout so it doesn’t just seem random.

GPS - Cherry Chocolate #2 - Page 002

The release schedule for the kit is:

Friday - papers part 1
Saturday - papers part 2
Sunday – elements
Monday – alpha #1
Tuesday – alpha #2
Wednesday – quick pages

So head to Tracy’s blog to pick up the first part and don’t forget to leave some love!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment