Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Life

There is a challenge going on in the Stuff to Scrap forums called {My Life} with the aim to help you complete your yearly project (P365, P52, Monthly Roundup, etc) - the goal of these projects is to capture your daily life, not just the big moments. With that challenge in mind, Scraps ‘n Pieces made this lovely kit called (not surprisingly) My Life. It was a collab with Nibbles Skribbles and you need to pick up both kits because they are awesome. If you head to Scraps ‘n Pieces blog right now you can get a coupon that is good on both kits plus some CT Freebies. The coupon is good until the end of the month but I don’t know how long the freebies will be up so you’d better hurry!

SNP_ML_fullpreview

I did two layouts – both for challenges. The first one was done for the font challenge. Although My Life doesn’t look like a Fourth of July kit, it actually worked perfectly. There are so many great papers and elements, it can work for many different layouts. This is another two page layout for J1’s book. I am making progress – this is obviously July but I did skip 2 or 3 2-page layouts earlier in the year since I would like the pictures and the kits to actually work together! I love this picture of J1 checking out the grass – shows his “Mr. Serious” side which was such a big part of his personality back then.

My Life #1 - Page 019

This one was done for the template challenge. It is a great template and available for download in the forums. It was hard for me – making these pictures so small. I always want to show off my boys but it is good to try scrapping outside my norm – I think it makes me a better scrapper and keeps my pages interesting. Well, that’s my story anyway. And I so love this cream paper with blue flowers – so lovely!

My Life #2 - Page 020

Aren’t the papers awesome – nothing sells me on a kit more than paper! That is probably why I have 18 tons of paper for traditional scrapping in my craft room now that I think about it. At least digital papers don’t take up any physical space.

Also, the Designer Darling competition is still going at on Stuff to Scrap with tons of freebies every week. If you haven’t checked it out, now is a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment