Monday, March 8, 2010

A Passion for Paisley

The first kit I got to work with this month was A Passion for Paisley by Scraps ‘n Pieces – and I couldn’t be happier. I have been eyeing this kit since it came out and I am so pleased to have it. I love this shade of green and paired with the black – just fabulous!! Check it out:

SNP_APP_Previewfullweb

Aren’t the colors lovely? The papers are so awesome – a great mix of patterns and slightly grungy solids - and I have to say, the wire and flower element is just awesome! And the very best thing about this kit?? It will be in the $2 Tuesday bin tomorrow – make sure you go pick it up!! These colors match so many of my boys’ clothes that I think I’ll be using it a lot. Also, if you are a fan of Scraps 'n Pieces (and of course you are!) head over to Facebook and become a fan right now! If they make it to 200 fans by the end of March, we all get a free kit - and we all love a free kit right??

I am still working on my 2010 goal of getting J1’s first year album done – he hasn’t been 4 for that long! I need to get 5 – 6 more done before the end of the month because I have another coupon for Persnickety Prints and it expires 3/31. If I have at least 10, the price is comparable to Costco and I like the prints better. Plus I am hoping to get caught back up on my P52 – some good layouts to come for that one. Anyway, I digress. Here are a couple layouts that I also combined with the fun challenges over in the Stuff to Scrap forums. This one I did for the speed scrap last week – I love seeing how everyone interprets the instructions! Come join us – the next one is scheduled for the 11th – check out the schedule here.

John's scrapbook - Page 010

I did this layout for the scraplift challenge – it also uses a template by one of our new designers Designs by Sweet Mesquite. If you have never done any scraplifting, you should really give it a try. I was hesitant because I figured my layout would be so close to the original that it wasn’t really my work. It is actually great though because it is another way to stretch your scrapping muscles and try new things. I frequently mark layouts in the gallery as “favorites” so I can scraplift them later! These are just some random pics of J1 when he was, well, three months old. I love the picture of me and him walking – I don’t have many pictures of myself with him.

John's scrapbook - Page 009

If you haven’t been to the Stuff to Scrap forum lately, head over and check it out – it is new and improved and, frankly, just awesome!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment