Monday, March 22, 2010

Welcome Spring

And I am so in the mood for spring! Here in the Pacific NW we are going back and forth from rainy and gloomy to clear skies and a bit of sun – it is hard to keep up with. Since I am so ready for Spring to come and stay I was happy to use this cute new kit Welcome Spring by Designs by Ashlee. The colors are so fun and all the elements are really great. I especially love the birds and trees – anyone who knows me isn’t surprised about the trees – I have a thing for leaves which apparently carries over into trees.

DBA_Welcome Spring_element preview DBA_Welcome Spring_paper preview1DBA_WelcomeSpring_paperpreview2

I made a couple of layouts that I just love. This is J2 one day last Spring – what you can’t see in the black and white is his face covered in strawberry juice – just the beginning of his love affair with fruit. I did this for a speed scrap this weekend at Stuff to Scrap. I love these colors with the black and white photo.

Designs by Ashlee - Welcome Spring #2 - Page 001

This is J1 back in the day – Gramma got this awesome photo! I love this picture, with his serious, deep look, and the song this month in the STS song lyric challenge seemed perfect for it. One thing I really like about these two layouts is that I used a bit of pink on both but they still seem boy-ish – gotta like that!

Welcome Spring #1 - Page 035

Are you a Stuff to Scrap Facebook fan? There is a fun game called “word art riddle round up” happening on Facebook to help introduce the new designers – go check it out! You could win a kit – and we all love free stuff right?

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Can so agree about our Pacific Northwest weather. Glad the sun is shining today!! :)

    ReplyDelete