Saturday, June 26, 2010

65 Red Roses – a Charity Collab benefiting CF

I was supposed to post about this before and it has been quite a month and I never got around to it. Such a bummer too since this kit is awesome and it is such a worthy cause. The kit is called 65 Red Roses and you can get it at Stuff to Scrap.

65RR_FullPreview

This beautiful kit is both Elegant and Fun, Vibrant and Beautiful just like the woman it was made to honor. Eva Markvoort was the subject of a documentary called 65 Red Roses which chronicled her battle with her genetic disease, Cystic Fibrosis. Eva loved the color red and was well known for wearing the vibrant shade in her hair. Every cent of the proceeds from this kit goes to the Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation to keep fighting to find a cure.

These are the thirteen designers who helped make this kit possible: Nibbles Skribbles, Scrappin' Serenity, Growing Pains Scrapped, Jenasis Designs, Mommy Me Time Scrapper, Rainamoon Scraps, SAHM Scrapper, Scrapteam 2008, Shel Belle Scraps, Scraps 'n Pieces, Scraps of Ellay, The Scrappy Kat & Seal Scraps.

I made 3 layouts with this kit – it is huge! This is my mom on her wedding day when she married my dad. Dig those glasses??

65 Red Roses #1 300

This was me and the mister. We ran away and got married on a cruise ship in Hawaii. Well, not really ran away as everyone knew (and was bitter) about the plan. These are pictures taken by the ship’s photographer.

65 Red Roses #2 300

And this is the mister’s parents on their wedding day. I love this picture.

65 Red Roses #3 300

I think the only element I duplicated was that tree (because I love it so!) – and there are many, many more I didn’t use. Please go pick up this lovely kit and support CF at the same time – it is truly a win win!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment